Monday, February 13, 2012

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever


So yesterday, I made these cookies for the second time in seven days.  They are so frakking yummy!  As in, "I think I might be dependent on these cookies to function" good.  Yes, I realize I may have a problem.  (What's that? I mentioned I have a problem with reading. Well, touche. I have lots of problems.  Let's try to stay on topic. Shall we?)

Anyway, I know what you are thinking.  You are thinking, "Yeah, yeah. If I had a dollar for everytime someone told me they had the 'best chocolate chip cookies', I'd have five dollars."  But, no seriously, they are the best chocolate chip cookies ever!

Skeptical?  Here are some comments from those who have experienced the awesomeness:

  • "These are freaking amazing!" - My cousin, A
  • "Mama, I want some more cookies! Mama, can I have some more cookies? Mama, mama!!!!" - J
  • "Dee di doh gee ga." - L as he points to the cookie container

Still not convinced?  Let me plead my case.

  • This recipe is Jeff's Grandma's recipe.  She used to be a Home Economics teacher. (Oh yeah!  This stuff just got REAL.)
  • This recipe has chocolate chips AND peanut butter AND oatmeal.
(Silence.)

That's what I thought.  But, I am not here to gloat.  I am here to share this fantastic recipe with you.  You will fall in love with these cookies.  You will want to make them twice a week, or everyday.  (Disclaimer: Not liable for your addiction to these cookies. You have been warned.)

Outrageous Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 stick of butter (I did not say it was healthy, people.)
1/2 tsp vanilla (Posted this initally as 1 tsp. Sorry! Did it from memory.)
1 egg
1 cup flour
1/2 cup instant oats
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
6 oz chocolate chips

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Mix first six ingredients together.  Then, mix in flour, oats, baking powder and salt.  Finally, fold in chocolate chips.
  3. Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet.  Bake 10 to 12 minutes. (I find 11 minutes to be the perfect time.)  Remove from oven and let stand on baking sheet for one minute before removing. Makes about two dozen.
  4. Eat the cookies.
Try not to eat them all at once. Share them with others. You will become their new favorite person.

4 comments:

  1. i'm so making these. sound fracking awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fracking awesome! Let me know what you think of them.

      Delete
  2. Hey, it was the baby's take on the cookies that sold me. I'm printing out the recipe as I type. I'm TOTALLY going to make these! (Thanks for linking up with us at #findingthefunny again!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love them! You'll have to let me know what you think of them.
      So glad you have the "findingthefunny each Wednesday. I think it is a great way for people to get their blogs exposure!

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting!