Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The Liebster Award: Take 2

Recently, Bernadette at Aimless Moments nominated me for the Liebster Award. *Waves.* Thanks for the nomination, sassy lady! If you have not had a chance to see her blog, you better hop on over there and check it out!

What is the Liebster Award?

The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to other bloggers who have less than 200 followers. This is a great way to discover some great new blogs you have yet to hear about.


What are the rules?

1. Link back to the blog that nominated.

2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers.

3. Answer the questions posted by the nominator. 

4. Share 11 random facts about yourself. 

5. Create 11 questions for my nominees.

6. Contact my nominees and let them know they have been nominated.

Questions to answer:


1. Something new you have learned recently? How to make a 7 minute egg. (Don't laugh.)


2. Favorite candy? Um, I can only pick one? Something with chocolate. Oh! Or peanut butter! Or chocolate AND peanut butter. See why this is hard?!


3. Do you have any children, grandchildren, bonus children, any? Two beautiful, sweet, crazy boys - J, age 4, and Baby L, age 2.


4. If you could live in any era/decade which one would you choose? Right now. Even though I did have some seriously to-be-envied high hair in the nineties and lots of NKOTB memorabilia to rival the most avid fan.


5. Favorite new product? Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Leave In Conditioner. Great for my curly and no-time-to-style hair


6. How you came up with your blog name? Um, it's my own name. (I know. Settle all the applause for my creativity.)


7. Do you have any pets? Do children and husbands count?


8. Where were you born? Kentucky. Giddy up!

9. Coffee or Tea? Coffee everyday and thrice on Mondays.


10. Do you have any hobbies? Read, read and read. Oh, and I also love to write. Just started writing fiction. Love, love, love it!

11. What's for dinner? Shrimp Fried Rice.

11 Random Facts About Me:

1. My favorite color is red.
2. I cannot go to sleep in an unmade bed.
3. I hate the giant race car grocery carts but use them anyway to buy a few minutes of peace.
4. My dad ran over my foot with his car when I was sixteen.
5. I once had a beagle for a pet.
6. My first car was a Chevy Nova.
7. I think chipped toenail polish looks trashy (even though that's what I am rocking right now).
8. When we head north to visit my Hubby's family, I am as excited to see them as I am my hairdresser there.
9. I am a horrible eater but I am trying to eat better for my kids.
10. My dad was friends with Jim Varney (i.e. Earnest P. Worrell) so I know what it's like to know someone famous.
11. There is nothing that makes me happier than my Hubby and my kids.

Blogs I Nominate:

 
  1. What is your favorite song?
  2. What is you least favorite vegetable?
  3. Besides your family, what inspires you?
  4. Name your favorite of the seven dwarves.
  5. Peanut Butter: Creamy or Crunchy?
  6. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
  7. What is your favorite book?
  8. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be?
  9. What's your favorite holiday?
  10. What makes you laugh?
  11. Best day ever?

4 comments:

  1. I love quite a few things on this post.....but to name a few....you used the words "thrice" and "Jim Varney". Yayaya!

    Thanks for passing along to little old me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mm, I am also a fan of anything chocolate.

    And thanks for sharing the award with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratz on the award nom!! :)

    I'm also from Kentucky!! Kentucky girls unite!! :P

    I'm following you now!! Hope you can follow back!!

    XOXO ♥ Kia - http://www.cosmoglossblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel terrible that it has taken me this long to get back over here! I loved reading all of these little tidbits about you, and one of these days, I swear I will repay the nomination! It has been so crazy lately I haven't even had time to get my Jake fix, or work on my own fiction!!! I've missed ya!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting!