Sunday, October 23, 2016

The Walking Dead Hurts So Good


After the last episode of season 6 of The Walking Dead, I was so distraught. 

And numb.

And in denial.

Total denial.

I was all "Hey! It's going to be okay. Surely nobody is really dead. They wouldn't just leave us hanging for AN ENTIRE SUMMER."

Then I started to venture into anger.

"Who do these chumps think they are?! Leaving us hanging all summer to find out what happened to Rick and the crew. HAVE YOU NO SOUL?!"

Now, three days away from the season 7 premiere, I have reached acceptance.

"Okay, I get it. It's a post-apocalyptic world. Not everyone is going to make it. I don't like it and it rips me up inside, but I understand it."

*Sigh.*

So over the summer, I was wondering what the heck I was going to watch while The Walking Dead is on hiatus. 

Enter Netflix.

We signed up for a free trial over the summer.

The boys LOVED that they had all their TV shows and some new ones that they could watch at any time.

All my friends kept telling me about the gloriousness of watching a TV series on Netflix so I decided to check it out.

My first choice was Breaking Bad. I didn't watch past the first episode.

I didn't like it.

WAIT. Don't throw things at me!

For my next choice, I did a little more investigating and choose a cult favorite, Supernatural.

People. People. People. PEOPLE.

This show is amazing.

I get it. I get the cult following. I totally get it.

The plot line is interesting. They hunt supernatural creatures. There is a strong sense of family on the show. There is snarkiness and alpha maleness.

And there's the brothers, Sam and Dean.

Oh, Sam and Dean.

Sigh.

Give me a minute.

Or several.

If you have never watched Supernatural, you need to stop what you are doing IMMEDIATELY and go watch it.

You're welcome.

And if that is not enough for you, Jeffrey Dean Morgan plays John Winchester, Sam and Dean's dad.

Which - if I'm being honest - my brain is having a hard time with.

John Winchester in Supernatural plays a good guy, stern, loving, albeit-misguided-at-times father who hunts all things supernaturally evil and plays Negan in The Walking Dead, bat-wielding ultra-psycho with a penchant for bashing in heads.

Does. Not. Compute.

So The Walking Dead starts back up again tonight. And I know one of my favorite characters will bite the dust.

I know beloved characters have bit the dust in the past.

That is what happens in a zombie ridden world.

But it cuts. It cuts deep.

The Walking Dead hurts so good.

However, it is a HUGE comfort to know that Supernatural will be there to console me.

Hold me, Sam and Dean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting!